Welcome!

I am a Christian, single mom, and a teacher. I actually started this blog as part of a requirement for a class I was taking. It wasn't until I got ADDICTED to Pinterest, and started Blog-hopping that I decided to actually keep up with mine. I hope you find something you can use, and something you can contribute! Make it a great day!!!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bargain Shopper 101

My mom, sister, and best friend all say I have super natural bargain shopper powers. Whenever they are looking for something specific, special, or unusual they let me know and I almost always find it within a couple of days on a really great sale. What can I say, it's a gift! :) So, I thought I'd spread the love and make a Bargain Shopper 101 series! This first post will just be VERY simple advice. I'll get more specific later and I'll even post great finds so you can run out and get them too!
 * Most stores use what they call "end caps" for their general clearance. End caps are the very small shelves at the end of an aisle.  These clearance end caps will almost NEVER be down the main aisle.  Target uses clearance end caps in their office, food, health and beauty, toys, shoe, and home goods aisles.  Wal-Mart end caps are often in their office, health and beauty, toys, home goods, and shoes.
* Most stores also have a large area for seasonal clearance.  In these areas I NEVER buy unless it is 50% off or more.  Last year at Target I scored TONS of the summer stuff (collapsing baskets, roll-up beach blankets, telescoping marshmallow rosters, drink bottles etc.) for 75% off!!!
* Target also has that great Dollar Spot.  When they switch over to the new stuff (every 6 weeks or so?) the old stuff goes on 50-75% off!  Keep your eyes peeled!
Oooohhhhh!  I have so much more to tell you!!!!  I guess that's enough for now.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment